We offer consultation and assistance in immigration related matters such as:
  • DACA – Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals
  • VAWA - Violence Against Women Act-a battered non-citizen must be the spouse or child of an abusive US citizen or legal permanent resident.
  • U-Visa - is a non-immigrant visa which is set aside for victims of crimes (and their immediate family members) who have suffered substantial mental or physical abuse and are willing to assist law enforcement and government officials in the investigation and prosecution of the criminal activity.
  • T-Visa - the T non-immigrant status (T-Visa) is set aside for those who are or have been victims of human trafficking protects victims of human trafficking and allows victims to remain in the United States to assist in the investigation and prosecution of human trafficking.
  • Adjustment of Status
  • Renew - Work Permits for DACA and T.P.S
  • Family Visa Petition (I-130)
  • Citizenship Petitions
If you are a legal resident, you may petition for your spouse and children. If you are a U.S. citizen, you may petition for your spouse, children, mother, father, brothers and sisters.

For further advice and assistance:

Please call our Immigration Project at (408) 283-8945. Our staff will call you to set an appointment. Costs for assistance with preparation of documents are based on a sliding scale.

Drop in or Walk-in Appointments
Monday through Thursday 10 A.M. to Noon and 1 P.M. to 2 P.M.
Imigration Clinic Wednesday 4 P.M. to 6 P.M.

What to Do if You Are Arrested or Detained by Immigration

Immigrants who are arrested or detained by Immigration have certain rights. These rights change, however, if you are arrested or detained at the border or in an airport. In these cases, you may have fewer rights.
You probably have more rights if you are arrested by Immigration at work, on the street, after a traffic stop, or at home. If you are arrested and detained, it is important that you keep calm, and remember the following things:
  1. You have the right to remain silent. You should ask to speak to a lawyer.
  2. Do not sign anything without first talking to a lawyer. You may be signing away your right to see a lawyer or a judge.
  3. Write down the name and telephone number of the deportation officer assigned to your case.
  4. Do not take “voluntary departure” (that is, do not agree to leave the United States) without first talking to a lawyer. Signing a voluntary departure agreement means that you won’t get a hearing, you will have to leave the U.S., and you may never be allowed to enter the U.S. again or get legal immigration status.
  5. Do not sign “stipulated orders of removal” without first talking to a lawyer. Signing a stipulated order means that you waive your rights to a hearing before a judge and serves as a final order of removal (deportation) signed by the judge.
  6. Do not expect Immigration agents or the judge to explain your options, or to give you the right information. Wait to speak with a lawyer before saying or doing anything.
You have the right to call an attorney or your family if you are detained. You have the right to be visited by an attorney in detention (Immigration jail). Call a lawyer or accredited agency.
You have the right to call a lawyer, but the government will not pay for or provide that laywer. You must hire one or find someone who will represent you for free. (Immigration should give you a list of groups you can call that may provide free or low-cost legal advice or representation.) If you see a judge before you can get legal advice, you should ask the judge for more time to find a lawyer.

¿Qué puede hacer si usted es arrestado o detenido por Inmigración?

Los inmigrantes arrestados o detenidos por Inmigración tienen ciertos derechos. Sin embargo, estos derechos cambian si son arrestados o detenidos en la frontera o en un aeropuerto. En estos casos, los inmigrantes podrán tener menos derechos.
Usted probablemente tiene más derechos si es arrestado por Inmigración en el trabajo, en la calle, después de cometer una infracción de tránsito, o en casa. Si es arrestado y detenido, es importante que mantenga la calma y que recuerde las siguientes sugerencias:
  1. Usted tiene el derecho de permanecerse callado. Pida hablar con un abogado.
  2. No firme nada. Puede ser que al firmar, usted ceda su derecho de tener un abogado o de aparecer delante de un juez.
  3. Apunte el nombre y número de teléfono del fiscal de deportación quien es asignado as su caso.
  4. No acepte “salida voluntaria” (o sea que, usted no debe acceder a salir de los Estados Unidos voluntariamente) sin hablar primero con un abogado. Firmar un acuerdo de salida voluntaria significa que usted no tendrá una audiencia, tendrá que salir de los Estados Unidos, y puede ser que nunca le permitirán entrar a los Estados Unidos o lograr la legalización de su estado migratorio.
  5. No firme ordenes de deportación estipulada sin primero hablar con un abogado. Firmar una orden estipulada significa que usted rinde sus derechos a tener una audiencia frente a un juez de inmigración y sirve come una orden de deportación otorgado por un juez.
  6. No asuma que los agentes de Inmigración o el juez le explicarán sus opciones, o que le darán la información correcta. Espere a hablar con un abogado antes de decir o hacer cualquier cosa.
Usted tiene el derecho de llamar a un abogado or agencia accredided o a su familia si usted es detenido. Usted tiene el derecho de recibir la visita de un abogado si ya ha sido detenido (en la prisión de Inmigración).